Do you find it difficult to keep up-to-date on the frequent updates and changes in the Microsoft Azure cloud? If so, Build Azure Weekly is the solution you’ve been looking for! Build Azure Weekly is a weekly newsletter that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive the newsletter in your email every week, then you’ll absolutely want to Subscribe!
The Weeks Top Links
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- New Microsoft Azure Certification Paths Coming in 2018 by Chris Pietschmann
- Introducing the Azure Administrator Certification Track from Microsoft by Chris Pietschmann
- Azure Security Center is now integrated into the subscription experience by Miri Landau
- Azure Service Fabric Mesh is now in public preview by Chacko Daniel
- eBook: Serverless Apps: Architecture, Patterns, and Azure Implementation by Jeremy Likness by Chris Pietschmann
- Microsoft Posts Monster Numbers for Quarter, Fiscal Year by Paul Thurrott
- Microsoft crosses $100 billion annual revenue mark for the first time via ZDNet
- Seamless A/B Testing, Deployment Slots and DNS Rollover with Azure Functions and Cloudflare Workers by Troy Hunt
- Azure Cloud Shell editor | Azure Friday via Channel 9
Azure Service Updates
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- What’s new in Azure Monitor—container health
- New in Azure Maps: API, map control modules, imagery, and styling features
- Batch services and advanced routing services for Azure Maps
- Public preview: Business Critical service tier in Azure SQL Database Managed Instance
- Public preview: Speech SDK 0.5.0 for Cognitive Services
- General availability: Configurable long-term backup retention for Azure SQL Database
- General availability: SQL Database auto-failover groups
- Workspace selection added to Analytics, in each of your query editor tabs
- General availability: vCore-based purchasing model for SQL databases and elastic pools
- PHP minor version and Xdebug update for August 2018 in App Service
- Azure Container Instances now available in Australia East, East US 2, and Central US
- Azure Site Recovery Update Rollup 26: provider and agent updates
- Azure Content Delivery Network GUID migration and UoM change
- Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 name change
If you haven’t checked out what Opsgility has to offer yet, please click the link below and go check out the awesome training offered!
Are you looking for a clear and outlined path to learn Microsoft Azure? No matter if you’re a Developer, IT Pro, or Architect, Opsgility has courses that will help you learn how to build and implement solutions within Microsoft Azure more affectively and efficiently. The on-demand and instructor-led courses from Opsgility offer maximum flexibility to learn how you learn best, and to help your team grow into the cloud experts you need them to be in an efficient manner.
Opsgility is the leading Microsoft cloud technology trainer for developers and IT professionals, built around an esteemed network of industry experts and technical authors that includes Microsoft MVPs and Microsoft Insiders in more than 10 countries.
Get started today with Microsoft Dev Essentials and get 3 months Free of Opsgility on-demand streaming service! Read More