Do you find it difficult to keep up-to-date on the frequent updates and changes in the Microsoft Azure cloud? If so, Build Azure Weekly is the solution you’ve been looking for! Build Azure Weekly is a weekly newsletter that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive the newsletter in your email every week, then you’ll absolutely want to Subscribe!
The Weeks Top Links
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- What are the Microsoft Certified Expert Certifications? by Chris Pietschmann
- Upgrade to New Azure Certifications with Transition Exams, retiring June 2019! by Chris Pietschmann
- Microsoft open sources Trill to deliver insights on a trillion events a day by James Terwilliger
- Azure PowerShell ‘Az’ Module version 1.0 by Mark Cowlishaw
- How to migrate from AzureRM to Az in Azure PowerShell by Madeleine Clayton
- IoT Security Architecture: Trust Zones and Boundaries by Chris Pietschmann
- The year in review: Hybrid applications for developers by Ricardo Mendes
- The biggest IoT stories of 2018 by Peter Cooper
- Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) with customer managed keys for Managed Instance by Alice Kupcik
Azure Service Updates
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- Azure Scheduler will retire on September 30, 2019
- Azure DevTest Labs: CIS Windows Server 2016 Benchmark L2 available in your lab
- Self-service big data prep (dataflows) available in Power BI Embedded
- Power BI Embedded capacity metrics to monitor workloads
- Azure Resource Health monitoring for Power BI Embedded
- Power BI Embedded zero-downtime capacity scale
- Power BI Embedded new workspace experience creation API
- SQL Data Warehouse integration with Informatica iPaaS on Azure
- Premium tier now available for the Azure Database Migration Service
- Azure Cosmos DB emulator support for Cassandra API
- Support for SQL to Azure SQL DB Managed Instance online migrations
- Dev/test pricing for Azure SQL Database Managed Instance is now available
- Retirement of Media Hyperlapse (in preview) on March 29, 2019
- Power BI Desktop December Update
- Power BI service December update
- Azure Service Bus and Azure Event Hubs Virtual Networks and Firewall rules are now generally available
- Cognitive Services Speech Services neural text-to-speech capability is in preview
- Azure IoT Edge 1.0.5 release
- Azure Monitor for Containers agent updates
- Azure Log Analytics is available in West US 2
- Migrating to the Az.ApiManagement PowerShell module
- Azure API Management update December 20
If you haven’t checked out what Opsgility has to offer yet, please click the link below and go check out the awesome training offered!
Are you looking for a clear and outlined path to learn Microsoft Azure? No matter if you’re a Developer, IT Pro, or Architect, Opsgility has courses that will help you learn how to build and implement solutions within Microsoft Azure more affectively and efficiently. The on-demand and instructor-led courses from Opsgility offer maximum flexibility to learn how you learn best, and to help your team grow into the cloud experts you need them to be in an efficient manner.
Opsgility is the leading Microsoft cloud technology trainer for developers and IT professionals, built around an esteemed network of industry experts and technical authors that includes Microsoft MVPs and Microsoft Insiders in more than 10 countries.
Get started today with Microsoft Dev Essentials and get 3 months Free of Opsgility on-demand streaming service! Read More