Do you find it difficult to keep up-to-date on the frequent updates and changes in the Microsoft Azure cloud? If so, Build Azure Weekly is the solution you’ve been looking for! Build Azure Weekly is a weekly newsletter that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive the newsletter in your email every week, then you’ll absolutely want to Subscribe!
New r/BuildAzure subreddit
Over time there’s been a few people who’ve emailed or otherwise messaged in blog article links to suggest to add to the Build Azure Weekly newsletter / post. In an effort (and experiment) to make it easier to contribute links and suggested blogs to Build Azure Weekly, I have created the r/BuildAzure subreddit.
If you wish to help contribute to Build Azure Weekly, or just want to keep an eye on link in the Microsoft Cloud and Azure space, then please check out and contribute to the BuildAzure subreddit.
Thanks for the contributions and awesome links!
The Weeks Top Links
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Microsoft has been talking to GitHub about possible acquisition: Report via ZDNet
- Microsoft continues to be a leader in Gartner’s Cloud IaaS MQ by Venkat Gattamneni
- Microsoft: Our chatbots can converse like humans, too via ZDNet
- New capabilities to enable robust GDPR compliance by Tom Keane
- Using Azure Application Gateway WAF’s to secure Azure Web Apps with Traffic Manager for Geo-redundancy Part 2 by Cameron Vetter
- Azure AD Authentication for Azure Storage now in public preview by Lavanya Kasarabada
- Container Tooling for Service Fabric now available in Visual Studio 2017 via Service Fabric Team
- Azure ML Studio Can Accelerate Building Machine Learning Solutions by David Giard
- Azure Cosmos DB customer profile: Jet.com by Ed Price
- Azure SignalR Service – Getting started by Abhijit Jana
- Detect malicious activity using Azure Security Center and Azure Log Analytics via Microsoft Threat Intelligence Center
- Announcing SQL Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) and SQL Vulnerability Assessment general availability by Ronit Reger
- How Azure IoT helped me buy a new house – Part 3 – ESP8266 Code by Steve St Jean
- 3 reasons why Azure’s infrastructure is secure by Avi Ben-Menahem
- Securing an Azure App Service Website under SSL in minutes with Let’s Encrypt by Scott Hanselman
- Azure Management Groups by Aidan Finn
Azure Service Updates
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- General availability: Log alerts for Application Insights
- Deprecating older versions of the Azure Site Recovery REST API
- General availability: Data-in Replication for Azure Database for MySQL
- Log Analytics query language recommendations for Summarize and Join operators
- Name changes: Azure SQL Database long-term backup retention for Australia
- Public preview: Virtual network service endpoints for Azure Database for MySQL
- Public preview: Virtual network service endpoints for Azure Database for PostgreSQL
- Refresh 2 release for Azure File Sync preview
- General availability: Soft delete for Azure Storage blobs
- Visualize release progress—VSTS Sprint 135 Update
- General availability: Azure Maps
- Set the background color of a Power BI Embedded IFrame
- Apply bookmark state on report load through Power BI Embedded Bookmarks API
- Streamline setting up your Power BI Embedded environment
If you haven’t checked out what Opsgility has to offer yet, please click the link below and go check out the awesome training offered!
Are you looking for a clear and outlined path to learn Microsoft Azure? No matter if you’re a Developer, IT Pro, or Architect, Opsgility has courses that will help you learn how to build and implement solutions within Microsoft Azure more affectively and efficiently. The on-demand and instructor-led courses from Opsgility offer maximum flexibility to learn how you learn best, and to help your team grow into the cloud experts you need them to be in an efficient manner.
Opsgility is the leading Microsoft cloud technology trainer for developers and IT professionals, built around an esteemed network of industry experts and technical authors that includes Microsoft MVPs and Microsoft Insiders in more than 10 countries.
Get started today with Microsoft Dev Essentials and get 3 months Free of Opsgility on-demand streaming service! Read More