Are you having difficulty keeping up to date on all the frequent changes and updates in the Microsoft Azure space? Then the Build Azure Weekly has the solution you’re looking for. Build Azure Weekly is a weekly blog post that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive these in your email, then don’t forget to Subscribe!
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- Azure AD Domain Services is available in new regions
- DocumentDB: .NET SDK 1.11.3 with 32-bit host process support and other improvements
- Azure invoices emailed directly to your inbox
- StorSimple Virtual Device Series transitioning to the new Azure portal
- Web Apps available only in the Azure portal from February 14
- Connect to DocumentDB by using BI analytics tools with the ODBC driver
- Azure DevTest Labs: Set expiration date for new VMs from Azure portal
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Announcing the new Azure Marketplace experience by Shankar Sivadasan
- New Azure Preview Portal Grants Early Access to Features by Chris Pietschmann
- SQL Database Query Editor available in Azure Portal by Nina Nuemah
- Happy 7th Birthday Microsoft Azure! by Chris Pietschmann
I am currently looking to sign up additional sponsors of Build Azure. If you’re interested, please go here for more information, or contact me directly. If you want to see some information about the traffic and audience reach of Build Azure, please read the “2016: Build Azure Year in Review” post.
Here’s a collection of some of the most note worthy blog articles posted over the past week:
- VNET Peering generally available for Azure Government by jawalte
- A New Beta Exam Opportunity! 774: Perform Cloud Data Science with Azure Machine Learning by Liberty Munson
- Updating Documents in DocumentDb by Adrian Hall
- Azure Content Spotlight – Blockchain Basics by chilberto
- Automating Azure AD by Vincent-Philippe Lauzon
- How to protect your web site using WAF-enabled Application Gateway by Gautam
- Distributed Deep Learning on HDInsight with Caffe on Spark by Xiaoyong Zhu
- Azure Search and Dynamics 365: Multitenancy at scale by Ashish Makadia
- Creating Documents in DocumentDB with Azure Functions HTTP API by Adrian Hall
- Expanded subscription offers for StorSimple Virtual Array by Anoob Backer
- Enhanced Automated Backup for SQL Server 2016 in Azure Virtual Machines by Ninar Nuemah
- Azure AD B2C user profile editing issues with ASP.NET Core by Andrei Dzimchuk
- Event Hubs .NET Standard client is now generally available by John Taubensee
- How to get a full memory dump in Azure App Services by Jeff Sanders
- Visual Studio Tool for Azure Functions by Benjamin Perkins
- Create a memory dump for your slow performing Web App by Benjamin Perkins
- Create a VNET and access an Azure VM hosted within it from an App Services Web App by Benjamin Perkins
- Connect industrial assets with ProSoft, powered by the Azure IoT Gateway SDK by Chipalo Street
- Home Appliances, Vending Machines – Even Cruise Ships – Get an Infusion of Cortana Intelligence & Machine Learning via Cortana Intelligence and Machine Learning Blog
- Connecting Power BI to an Azure Analysis Services server by Josh Caplan
- New in Azure Stream Analytics: Geospatial functions, Custom code and lots more! by Krishna Mamidipaka
- How do I determine the outbound IP addresses of my Azure App Service by Jeff Sanders
- How to Build Lightning Bolts With Azure Functions by Nat Thompson
- Cloud computing guide for researchers – Azure IoT for Croke Park Smart Stadium by Dr Kenji Takeda
- Now available: Azure invoices emailed direct to your inbox by Adam Pickersgill
- SQL Server 2016 innovations power Azure SQL Data Warehouse to deliver faster insights by Shivani Gupta
- Understanding Azure troubleshooting and support by Jan Kalis
- Using SQLPackage to import or export Azure SQL DB by Yochanan Rachamim
- Using Microsoft Graph API to interact with Azure AD by Vincent-Philippe Lauzon
- Microsoft Azure Germany expands services and boosts compliance by John Bruno
- Calling a Logic App from an HTML form by Jeff Hollan
- Microsoft and Tierion collaborate on attestations & Blockchain proofs by Cale Teeter
- How to Check Database Availability from the Application Tier by Dimitri Furman
- Chat Bots — Designing Intents and Entities for your NLP Models by Brijraj Singh
- OS and Data disk encryption of Azure IaaS Windows VMs by Shijimol AK
- Authenticating to Azure AD non-interactively by Vincent-Philippe Lauzon
- Azure Logic Apps – Post to Twitter by chilberto
- Migrating your TFS to the Cloud by Lee Stott
Here are links to some of the videos that have been posted over the past week:
- 1 Overview | Gaming Services on Azure via Channel 9
- Geospatial Functions in Azure Stream Analytics | Azure Friday via Channel 9
- The Xamarin Show 14: DocumentDB with Kirill Gavrylyuk | The Xamarin Show via Channel 9
- R Services in SQL Server 2016 | Data Exposed via Channel 9
Audio / Podcasts
To complete the collection of different mediums to allow you to consume your Azure news / info in any way you want, here’s a list of the podcasts released this week:
- Episode 164 – Licensing and Pricing via The Azure Podcast
- Data and Docker with Stephanie Locke via DotNetRocks!
- Episode 178 | Microsoft Cloud News and Azure Functions for SharePoint with Doug Ware via Microsoft Cloud Show
The types of feedback I’m looking for are:
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback on the Build Azure Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be.
Alternatively, you can join the Build Azure Slack Group as well.