The AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies certification exam tests and validates a candidates expertise at implementing security controls, and maintaining security, and identity, access and protections within Microsoft Azure. This exam is the required exam needed to earn the Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate certification.
Certification Target Audience
The AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies certification exam is geared towards Security Engineers who implement security controls, maintain the security posture, manages identity and access, and protects data, applications, and networks. These candidates should be able to identify and remediate vulnerabilities by using a variety of security tools, implement threat protection, and respond to security incident escalations.
Azure Security Engineers will generally serve as part of a larger team that’s dedicated to managing cloud-based systems and security. They might also be involved in securing hybrid or polynimbus environments as part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
Here’s a high level list of all the skills and objectives measured by the AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies certification exam. The percentages next to each exam objective area represents the portion of the exam that focuses on that particular objective area.
Manage Identity and Access (20-25%)
- Configure Microsoft Azure Active Directory for workloads
- Configure Microsoft Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Configure Microsoft Azure tenant security
Implement Platform Protection (35-40%)
- Implement network security
- Implement host security
- Configure container security
- Implement Microsoft Azure Resource management security
Manage Security Operations (15-20%)
- Configure security services
- Configure security policies
- Manage security alerts
Secure Data and Applications (30-35%)
- Configure security policies to manage data
- Configure security for data infrastructure
- Configure encryption for data at rest
- Implement security for application delivery
- Configure application security
- Configure and manage Key Vault
To view the most up-to-date list of these exam objectives, please reference the official AZ-500 exam page.
There are a few on-demand training courses that will help you prepare and study for the AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies certification exam.