In the effort of expanding out the breadth of certification offerings, Microsoft has added the Analyzing Big Data with Microsoft R (70-773) exam. This exam focuses on using Microsoft R Server and SQL R Services for analyzing Big Data.
Certification Target Audience
The focus on the Analyzing Big Data with Microsoft R (70-773) exam is centered around Microsoft R Server and SQL R Services. The exam is designed to target candidates who are Data Scientists or Analysts who are processing and analyzing large data sets using R. This exam will test your familiarity with data structures, as well as basic programming concepts (such as control flow and scope), and your ability to write and debug R code functions.
Here is a high level list of the skills and objectives measured on this exam:
- Read and Explore Big Data
- Read data with R Server
- Summarize data
- Visualize data
- Process Big Data
- Process data with rxDataStep
- Perform complex transforms that use transform functions
- Manage data sets
- Process text using RML packages
- Build Predictive Models with ScaleR
- Estimate linear models
- Build and use partitioning models
- Generate predictions and residuals
- Evaluate models and tuning parameters
- Create additional models using RML packages
- Use R Server in different environments
- Use different compute contexts to run R Server effectively
- Optimize tasks by using local compute contexts
- Perform in-database analytics by using SQL Server
- Implement analysis workflows in the Hadoop ecosystem and Spark
- Deploy predictive models to SQL Server and Azure Machine Learning
When studying for this exam, you’ll certainly want to look at the official exam page from Microsoft for the full list of exam objectives. You’ll need to be sure to study every one of them that will be measured on the exam.
At the time of writing this summary of the 70-773 Analyzing Big Data with Microsoft R, the exam is still in Beta as it was just recently published. This means there aren’t any exam guide books, or practice exams available yet. To study for this exam, you’ll need to rely mostly on the Microsoft documentation for the different technologies covered on this exam.