Are you having difficulty keeping up to date on all the frequent changes and updates in the Microsoft Azure space? Then the Build Azure Weekly has the solution you’re looking for. Build Azure Weekly is a weekly blog post that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive these in your email, then don’t forget to Subscribe!
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- Azure DevTest Labs: Share a public IP address across lab VMs
- Get early access to the newest Azure portal features
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Microsoft’s Q2 2017 Results: The Cloud Continues to Rain Money via SuperSite for Windows
- Receive Azure Subscription Invoice Statements via Email by Chris Pietschmann
- Searchable Azure Book Catalog from Build Azure by Chris Pietschmann
I am currently looking to sign up additional sponsors of Build Azure. If you’re interested, please go here for more information, or contact me directly. If you want to see some information about the traffic and audience reach of Build Azure, please read the “2016: Build Azure Year in Review” post.
Here’s a collection of some of the most note worthy blog articles posted over the past week:
- IoT in Action with Microsoft Virtual Bootcamp 28th-30th March 2017 by Lee Stott
- My Microsoft Azure Certification Revision Sheets by Nicholas Rogoff
- How to Send Daily SMS Reminders Using C#, Azure Functions and Twilio by Brent Schooley
- How To Build Planet Scale Mobile App in Minutes with Xamarin and DocumentDB by Kirill Gavrylyuk
- Intro to Azure PowerShell cmdlets by Steven Fowler
- Enable Failed Reuqest Tracing for an Azure App Service Web App by Benjamin Perkins
- Automated CI/CD for your Xamarin App using VSTS, Bitrise and HockeyApp by Gerald Versluis
- Announcing Version 1.0 of SonarQube ARM Template by Kevin D Mack
- Updating AzureApp Service certificates from Key Vault by Christian Reddington
- Azure subscription rights challenge in CSP by Kirill Kotlyarenko
- Lesson Learned #20: What happen with my connection inside Azure when SQL Auditing is enabled? by Jose M Jurado
- Our journey on building the Go SDK for Azure by Kirthi Krishnamraju
- Experiencing a Real-World Security Investigation with OMS Security by Yuri Diogenes
- Setting up HTTPS endpoints in ASP.NET Core services in Service Fabric by Andrei Dzimchuk
- Loading data into Azure SQL Data Warehouse just got easier by Casey Karst
- DevOps for IoT (Part 1) by Daniel Meixner
- Build IoT Solutions on top of Microsoft technology stack: Azure IoT and Windows IoT by formulahendry
- How to: Schedule Azure VM Shutdown based on CPU, Disk, Network Usage by Steven Edouard
- Manage App Service, SQL Database, and more – Azure Management Libraries for .NET by Asir Selvasingh
- Azure Analysis Services now available in North Central US and Brazil South by Josh Caplan
- Optimizing your emails using Microsoft Flow by Christo Lolov
- Modern Data Warehousing with Continuous Integration by Mohit Chand
- ClearDB maintenance for Mercury databases on Microsoft Azure by mksunitha
- Inserting data into a PowerBI Dataset via Flow and the REST APIs by Charles Sterling
- Connect to your Azure SQL DB behind MsAccess web application by Yochanan Rachamim
- HDInsight: How to find Long Running Queries by Karan Gulati
- Change OMS Log Analytics Retention Period in the Azure Portal by Rafaela Brownlie
- Azure Analysis Services unable to add security group by Haidong Huang
- Securing ASP.NET Core application settings using Azure Key Vault by Christos Matskas
- Azure Analysis Services cross tenant access by Haidong Huang
- Manage App Service, SQL Database, and more – Azure Management Libraries for Java by Asir Selvasingh
- Create Azure Event Hub for IoT via PowerShell by Steven Fowler
- Event Hubs Dedicated Offering by Justin Conway
- Azure Site Recovery : How to protect your on-prem physical machines by Shijimol AK
- Microsoft delivers awaited OneDrive for Business-SharePoint sync via ZDNet
- Understanding R for non-scientists with Power BI by Tsuyoshi Matsuzaki
- Part 3: Working with Office 365 Groups and Connectors by Toni Pohl
- Microsoft turns on Office 365 in its managed German datacenters via ZDNet
- My Cloud Saturday Atlanta 2017 Azure Session on IoT by Steven Fowler
- Azure App Service: Using cURL for deployment by Kaushal Kumar Panday
- A Plethora of Microsoft Training Options on AI, Machine Learning & Data Science, including MOOCs by Kristin M. Tolle
- Azure Blueprint helps DoD Mission Owners accelerate compliance with L5 security controls by John Molesky
- How can you associate your Office 365 Azure AD to an existing Azure Subscription? by markga
- Automated backups configuration fails when configured from Azure portal by Pradeep Adiga
- Automate SQL server backup file removal/deletion from Azure blob storage by Pradeep Adiga
- Azure Application Insights – An essential part of Microsoft DevOps Strategy by Subodh Sohoni
- Lesson Learned #19: How to obtain the deadlocks of your Azure SQL Database? by Jose M Jurado
- Azure Relay Namespace Separation by Justin Conway
Here are links to some of the videos that have been posted over the past week:
- Scott Guthrie – Morning | AZGroups – Scott Guthrie 2017 by Scott Guthrie
- Scott Guthrie – Morning Session B | AZGroups – Scott Guthrie 2017 by Scott Guthrie
- Using and Maintaining a Kubernetes Cluster in Azure Container Services via Azure Friday
- SQL Server on Linux: The HOW – PART 2 | Data Exposed via Channel 9
- Getting started with the Azure Analysis Services Preview via Channel 9
- Visual Studio Tools for Azure Functions | Visual Studio Toolbox via Channel 9
- Tuesdays with Corey – Azure Stack update with Jeffrey Snover | Tuesdays With Corey via Channel 9
- Big Data Partner Program | Data Exposed via Channel 9
- Glenn Block on Serverless Computing via David Giard
Audio / Podcasts
To complete the collection of different mediums to allow you to consume your Azure news / info in any way you want, here’s a list of the podcasts released this week:
- Episode 163 – VM Internals via The Azure Podcast
- Episode 177 | Geek Out on Cutting the Cord via Microsoft Cloud Show
General Cloud / Related
Here’s some noteworthy links about Cloud computing and other related topics that aren’t necessarily specific to Microsoft Azure:
- FPGAs Focal Point for Efficient Neural Network Inference by Nicole Hemsoth
- Managing Cloud Resources with CAPS by Jeff ramnani
- Making it easier to get started with IoT via Microsoft IoT
- Azure4Research program announces winning IoT solutions via Microsoft IoT
- Introducing Docker 1.13 via Docker Core Engineering
To provide something a little unique this week, I thought I’d share a really interesting video from Scott Hanselman, Kendra Havens, Maria Naggaga Nakanwagi, Kasey Uhlenhuth, and Donovan Brown. In this special “How to get started with technical public speaking!” they get into the details of how they first started, as well as many tips for how they prepare and delivery their own talks today. Not one of them has the same tips or the same origin, and this video should help give you some insight to get over the #1 fear people have: The fear of public speaking.
Have you given a talk to a local user group, or just a group of fellow employees at work? If not, then I really encourage you to push yourself to the next level and start sharing your own knowledge with groups of people that are willing to learn.
The types of feedback I’m looking for are:
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback on the Build Azure Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be.
Alternatively, you can join the Build Azure Slack Group as well.