Are you having difficulty keeping up to date on all the frequent changes and updates in the Microsoft Azure space? Then the Build Azure Weekly has the solution you’re looking for. Build Azure Weekly is a weekly blog post that includes all the latest Microsoft Azure Service Updates from the week in addition to links to many other blog articles, podcasts and videos from all over the Internet.
If you want to receive these in your email, then don’t forget to Subscribe!
Here’s a list of the Microsoft Azure Service Updates from over the past week:
- Linux support in Azure App Service
- Azure App Service Companion preview
- General availability: Temporal tables in Azure SQL Database
- Mobile Apps .NET SDK 3.0.2 released
- Azure Scheduler updates HTTP/HTTPS job timeout
- API Management service update: October 12, 2016
- Public preview: SOAP pass-through support for Azure API Management
- Cross-partition ORDER BY queries available in DocumentDB Java and Node.js SDKs
- Four integrated services for Microsoft Operations Management Suite now available
- General availability: UltraPerformance Gateway tier for Azure ExpressRoute
- Improving Azure App Service Node.js and PHP developer experience with Linux support
With Datadog, you can see all your data in one place. Servers, clouds, apps, and more. Metrics, alerts, usage.
Here are some of the most notable links from the week:
- Microsoft Cloud achieves Gov. of India’s provisional accreditation… in rare company by Alice Rison
- Announcing new support plans and options for Azure Government by Julie Glixon
- Bringing Azure SQL Data Warehouse and SQL Server Stretch Database to the Azure Government database family by Megan Yount
- Azure Images: SQL Server 2016 on Windows Server 2016 by Luis Vargas
- Azure Managed Cache and In-Role Cache Service shutdown reminder by Ye Gu
- Azure App Service generally available in Azure Government by Brenda Y Lee
Here’s a collection of some of the most note worthy blog articles posted over the past week:
- Manage Azure App Service Deployments with Deployment Slots by Chris Pietschmann
- How Azure Functions Pricing Works by Chris Pietschmann
- Top 4 reasons for using Azure Security Center for partner security solutions by Yair Tor
- Creating an end-to-end IoT solution using the Microsoft Azure IoT Starter Kit w/ Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi and Microsoft Azure by Lee Stott
- Creating a Calendar App using PowerApps by CarlosAg
- How can I use Azure AD Domain Services? by markga
- So what can you do with your Microbit and the Azure Cloud? by Lee Stott
- Artifacts and guidance for Azure DevTest Labs by Willy P. Schaub
- Hello Blinky 2.0 with the Raspberry Pi 3 and LCD using Azure by FitGeekGirl
- Event Hubs and .NET Standard by John Taubensee
- Simpler Azure Management Libraries for Java – Beta 3 by Asir Selvasingh
- Deploying to HockeyApp from VSTS by Daniel Meixner
- Manual failover of Azure File storage by devkeydet
- Azure Data Lake U-SQL September 2016 Updates: OUTER UNION, Set operations by name, FILE and PARTITION intrinsic functions and more! by MRys
- Transport Agnostic Cloud to Device Messaging with IoT Hub by YTechie
- Microsoft’s true Hybrid Cloud: consistent, not just connected by Mark Jewett
- Azure Stream Analytics query testing now available in the new portal by Ryan CrawCour
- Deep Neural Network in Azure via Cortana Intelligence and ML Team
- Temporal Tables are generally available in Azure SQL Database by Borko Novakovic
- Simpler Azure Management Libraries for .NET by Asir Selvasingh
- GEP uses Azure and SQL Database to expand global reach by Guy Haycock
- Azure Data Lake Analytics: More Compute and More Control by Omid Mola
- Azure IoT and Arduino – Part1 by Scott Klein
- Microsoft Common Controls Hub provides uncommon convenience by Alice Rison
- Introducing the Team Data Science Process from Microsoft via Cortana Intelligence and ML Blog Team
- TIBCO DataSynapse comes to the Azure Marketplace by Matthew Thomson
- Experience Updates to the Azure Data Lake Store and Analytics Portal by Saveen Reddy
Here are links to event or about events that were posted over the past week.
- Join us online for Microsoft’s developer event, Connect(); 2016 November 16th–17th 2016 by Lee Stott
- Azure Backup hosts Ask Me Anything session by Trinadh Kotturu
Here are links to some of the videos that have been posted over the past week:
- Introduction to the Opsgility Cloud Sandbox via Opsgility
- Ramping up Predictive Maintenance using Machine Learning with Val Fontama via Channel 9
- Creating IoT apps for the Xbox via Channel 9
- Episode 216: Azure News Recap with Chris and Haishi October 2016 | Microsoft Azure Cloud Cover Show via Microsoft Azure Cloud Cover Show
- First Look at the new SQL Server Data Migration Assistant | Data Exposed by Scott Klein
- Tuesdays with Corey: Azure Resiliency, the magic of load balancers | Tuesdays With Corey via Channel 9
- Bots as the Next UX: Expanding Your Apps with Conversation | Microsoft Machine Learning & Data Science Summit 2016 by Matt Winkler
Audio / Podcasts
To complete the collection of different mediums to allow you to consume your Azure news / info in any way you want, here’s a list of the podcasts released this week:
- Episode 148 – Cognitive Services via The Azure Podcast
- Orchestrating and automating deployments with Octopus Deploy and Damian Brady via Hanselminutes
- Distributed Caching with Iqbal Khan via DotNetRocks
- Episode 160 | SharePoint Framework with Microsoft’s Mike Ammerlaan via Microsoft Cloud Show
General Cloud / Related
Here’s some note worthy links about Cloud computing and other related topics that aren’t necessarily specific to Microsoft Azure:
- Blockly Windows 10 IoT by Greg Duncan
- Exploring ASP.NET Core with Docker in both Linux and Windows Containers by Scott Hanselman
- SQL Server 2016 Express Edition in Windows containers by Perry Skountrianos
- Microsoft, The Security Company by Brad Sams
- Getting Started with Windows Containers by Julien Corioland
- Using SSIS to load 1TB data into SQL Server in 30 mins, with simplified settings by DionYe
The types of feedback I’m looking for are:
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What would you change?
- What would you add?
Please feel free to reach out and let me know your feedback on the Build Azure Weekly series. I post this weekly post as a service to others and really want to make it the best it can be.
Alternatively, you can join the Build Azure Slack Group as well.