WordPress is an Open Source blogging platform that’s been around since 2003. It’s the most widely used blogging platform in the world. In addition to hosting your blog at WordPress.com or self hosting in an on-premises VM, you can also easily host it in Microsoft Azure. The Azure Marketplace provides an extremely easy method of deploying a full WordPress hosting environment in the cloud.
To find the “WordPress’ in the Azure Marketplace just follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the Azure Portal
- Click on the “New” plus sign button in the top left of the Azure Portal
- Simply type “WordPress” into the search box, and “WordPress” will be an auto suggested option.
- Upon hitting Enter a list of results will display showing the “WordPress”
- Click on “WordPress” in the list to bring up the information about it
- Lastly, click “Create” and follow the prompts to configure and setup WordPress using Azure App Service: Web Apps
Happy blogging in the cloud!