Recently, Microsoft announced the new Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer: Azure Solutions Architect certification. This certification is a bit unique in relation to the other MCSD certifications as it’s for Architects, not Developers. Being for Architects, the exams required to earn the certification test expertise in Development, Infrastructure (IT Pro and DevOps) and Architecture/Design.
The MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect certification requires passing 3 exam.
- 70-532 Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions Exam
- 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- 70-534 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
Each exam covers a different expertise area. To earn this certification you will need to prove expertise in Development, Infrastructure (IT Pro and DevOps) and Architecture/Design.
The links above go to study guides listing materials and tips that can be used when studying for each exam.
4 Certifications in 1
When each of the 3 exams required for the MCSD: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect certification is passed you also earn a Microsoft Specialist certification for the expertise area covered by that exam.
- Microsoft Specialist: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Microsoft Specialist: Implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Microsoft Specialist: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
You could choose to pass 1 of these exams to get Azure certified, but passing all 3 will earn you 4 certifications; the 3 above in addition to MCSD: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions.