Did you know Ruby applications can be hosted on Microsoft Azure too? Microsoft Azure is about much more than just Windows and Microsoft’s developer tools. Just one of the many great platforms supported on Microsoft Azure is Ruby!
Microsoft Azure offers a wide array of creation, deployment and management capabilities through the Azure Management Portal, PowerShell cmdlets or the Xplat CLI (cross-platform, command-line interface).
Open Source SDK
The open source Microsoft Azure SDK for Ruby provides functionality to easily consume and mange Azure Services from any Ruby application.
Here are a few articles on creating and managing Ruby application on the Azure platform:
- Ruby on Rails Web application on an Azure VM
- Azure Management using the Cross Platform Command Line Interface (Xplat CLI)
Since no Azure application is complete without the utilization of other Azure services, here are some articles on consuming Azure services:
- How to use Service Bus Queues from Ruby
- How to use Blob Storage from Ruby
- How to use Table Storage from Ruby
- How to use Twilio for Voice and SMS Capabilities in Ruby
Happy developing Ruby apps on Azure!