Did you know Microsoft Azure can host PHP web apps too? Microsoft Azure is about much more than just Windows and Microsoft’s developer tools. There are a number of “non-Microsoft” platforms and toolsets that work great with Azure, and PHP is one of them!
Microsoft Azure offers a wide array of creation, deployment and management capabilities through the Azure Management Portal, PowerShell cmdlets or the Xplat CLI (cross-platform, command-line interface).
Open Source SDK
To get setup using Azure and PHP together, you’ll first need to get setup with the Azure SDK for PHP. Instructions on downloading the SDK are at the following link:
Here are a few documentation articles that show how to create and manage PHP apps in Azure:
- Create a PHP web app in Azure App Service
- How to create PHP web and worker roles in Azure Cloud Services
- Create a PHP-MySQL web app in Azure App Service and Deploy using Git
- Create a PHP-MySQL web app in Azure App Service and Deploy using FTP
Since no Azure application is complete without the utilization of other Azure services, here are some articles that cover consuming various Azure services from within a PHP application:
- How to use Blob storage from PHP
- How to use Table storage from PHP
- How to Access Azure SQL Database from PHP
- How to create a MySQL Database in Azure
- How to create a MongoDB Database in Azure
Happy developing PHP apps on Azure!